People with moderately to severely compromised immune systems are especially vulnerable to COVID-19, and may not build the same level of immunity to 2-dose vaccine series compared to people who are not immunocompromised.
This additional dose intended to improve immunocompromised people’s response to their initial vaccine series. You can receive a 3rd dose of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine 28 days after your 2nd dose.
Who Needs an Additional COVID-19 Vaccine?
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Speak with your healthcare provider about your medical conditions, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for you.
If you believe you qualify for a 3rd Dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and have consulted your doctor, please contact us.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com